Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Project Manager shall direct and review the work of all personnel each workday. The PM will be familiar enough with the duties of all positions so that he/she can evaluate the performance of employees, the effectiveness of operations, and provide backup task Janitorial Service performance, if it becomes necessary. Additionally, the PM will ensure contract deliverables are correctly prepared and submitted on time; that employees properly identify themselves as contract employees; ensure employees complete Company and Government directed training as required; ensure employees correctly note work hours each day as required; approve personal leave; and approve timesheets at the close of each time reporting period.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Shall have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, tact, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to prioritize competing situations in the best interests of the Ft Wainwright serviced population.
- Shall know all contract requirements as noted in the Performance Work Statement and ensure all employees know them, as well.
- Assign employees as needed to perform tasks associated with the required housekeeping of assigned buildings.
- Effectively delegate contract activities to ensure the timely execution and delivery of required tasks and deliverables.
- Execute the Quality Control and Safety Plans to the extent that employees know their roles and responsibilities for each.
- Provide oversight of services provided to all contracted Ft Wainwright facilities.
- Maintain open communications with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and Ft Wainwright key personnel to ensure that all performance requirements are met.
- Serves as a liaison between Alutiiq Corporate and the COR.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the contract performance and as directed by the COR and Alutiiq Corporate.
- Promptly notify the Alutiiq Corporate Management Team of any requested performance that is not within the scope of the PWS.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines (environmental, health, and safety).
- Develop, evaluate, and implement new processes/procedures as deemed necessary to improve the efficiency of the staff while ensuring performance standards are met.
- Ensure all employees’ skills and abilities grow throughout the lifecycle of their employment/support of the Ft Wainwright Janitorial Services Contract
- Ensure employees are aware of, understand, and follow all Company and Government policies, practices and procedures.
- Direct employees and recommend personnel actions including scheduling, performance management, deployment, and corrective action.
- Develop work Schedules and adjustments thereto prior to execution, if possible to ensure required daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks are covered when required to be performed.
- Establish a training methodology, which gives employees proper training and the necessary tools needed for successful performance.
- Continually evaluate employee performance and provide timely counselling when performance is deficient.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess all skills necessary to ensure that employees provide service in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Must possess a minimum two years supervisory experience and education can be substituted for experience.
- Shall have at least three (3) years of janitorial experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desired education is an Associates Degree or Higher; but experience can be substituted for education.