Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Specialist
Provide end user technical support for desktop and laptop systems, and associated hardware and software within the organization. This includes but is not limited to operating systems, and desktop applications.
- Handle on-site and remote technical issues as needed.
- Trouble-shoot network, hardware, software, and application problems.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and replacing non-functional equipment.
- Participate in equipment and/or software installations; moves; adds and changes.
- Work with other team members on server, client, network, and application related projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user system issues related to Email and Microsoft SKYPE/TEAMS.
- Install and deploy Windows 10 desktop and laptop computers using SCCM, both locally and remotely.
- Support the installation and configuration of all end user software in applicable sites, including many remote offices.
- Work with all corporate departments and branch offices to investigate, review needs, obtain price quotes, make recommendations, install, and maintain personal computers and applications.
- Assist in providing computer technical support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies as needed.
- Keeps accountability and assures accuracy of automation equipment inventory, replacement and repair part inventory.
- Provide daily support and technical issues resolution via instant messaging, phone calls, email, and Service Manager ticketing system.
- Installs workstations, laptops and printers on the LAN.
- Respond in a timely manner to malware incidents, and remediate malware infected systems.
- Demonstrates capacity for prioritization and management in a dynamic environment.
- Assist in setting up and troubleshooting Skype for Business/Teams Video Teleconferences.
- Maintain and troubleshoot conference room audio visual equipment.
- Assist remote offices in troubleshooting Internet and network problems, including firewall and network issues.
- Create user Active Directory accounts, Exchange email accounts, and SKYPE/TEAMS accounts.
- Add/remove user accounts from security and distribution groups.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Lifting up to 75lbs may be required as well as bending or ducking under desks and equipment.
- Strong, technical working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Management preferred, or equivalent work experience may be substituted (at least 1 year).
- Must have a strong technical background, and a positive attitude.
- Must have a willingness to learn new technologies and to be a team player and provide excellent customer service.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
- One to three years of technical computer support experience.
- Some experience in computer repair.
- Experience installing operating systems and applications on desktop and laptop computers.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in basic networking, including TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory a plus.
- Office 365 knowledge a plus.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred. Microsoft MCSA: Windows 10 a plus.
- Hands-on experience with HP and Dell computer hardware.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organization.
- Knowledge of handheld mobile devices such as iPhones, Android devices.
- Strong communication skills, including both verbal and written skills.
- SCCM experience preferred.